Window Cleaners Insurance
Window Cleaning Contractors… BEWARE – What you need vs. What You Get
As an owner of a window cleaning business you have your hands full running your business. You’re required to manage schedules, get new customers, have payroll, plus taxes, legal and last but not least, business insurance. If you’re new to business you’ll probably call your current personal auto insurance agent to get a quote. Why not? He’s done well handling your insurance in the past and it’s who you know. Calling a guy that doesn’t specialize is your first mistake. Dealing with someone that’s not an expert is a recipe for disaster. So, If your agent doesn’t specialize in insuring window cleaners, fire him immediately.
The conversation sounds something like this. Mind you, it sounds ridiculous but, it’s true. “Hello agent. I need business liability insurance today and need a certificate of liability and proof of insurance so that I can start a job tomorrow.” 9 times out of 10 the agent asks a few questions about what window cleaners do and has no idea what you are talking about. He then gives you a quote and can also provide a certificate and proof of insurance to start the job. There’s only one problem. The policy you just bought won’t work the way you think it will. Trust me. We’ve insured over 4000 power washers, roof cleaners and window cleaners for 35 years and have seen it all. You probably just bought a policy that probably won’t work when you need it to, but you wont find that out till you have a claim. At that point in time you’ll be saying to yourself, I wish I knew what the heck I was doing when I bought this insurance. Or better yet, I wish I dealt with someone who understands what it is that I do and knows how to properly insure me.
There are many exposures to financial disaster for window cleaning contractors. This is a specialty insurance program designed especially for you & your business.
At Joseph D. Walters we encourage you to get quotes. In fact get as many as you want but please call us too. I promise you 100% satisfaction or we will return your money. If you’re not happy, simply send your policy back and we’ll return and refund your unused premium with no questions asked.
Here is what you usually get when you don’t know what to ask for.
The basic liability policy enough to get proof of insurance.
- General Liability
- Advertising liability
And a few other liability extensions that sometimes but rarely apply.
What you get from Joseph D. Walters Insurance Options.
- General Liability starting at $1,000,000 with limits available up to $5,000,000 with a national carrier.
- Completed Operations. Gives coverage for bodily injury and property damage for work you performed.
- Care Custody and Control.. 99% of General Liability policies EXCLUDE coverage for items that you work on. Sounds silly but true. The exact item that you work on is excluded. Some call it faulty workmanship coverage. Accidents happen. This coverage is absolutely one of the most important exclusive coverages provided at Joseph D. Walters.
- The NO AUDIT policy.. 99% of other insurers insure you and rate you at the mimimum payrolls then surprise an audit when the policy expires. Then you owe additional. At Joseph D. Walters there are NO AUDITS on General Liability policies. You know the cost up front.
- Voluntary Property Damage.. another exclusive is more good will coverage for real property…
- Equipment coverage including rented equipment….even in the coastal states. Some limitations do apply.
- Blanket additional insured endorsements and waivers to help protect you even more.
I could go on and on but in addition to our window cleaning liability program we can include Broad equipment coverage, honesty bonds and more. You better just call us.
Just remember this, The more you know about window cleaning insurance ,the better you can protect yourself. Talk to any licensed professional at Joseph D. Walters and we’ll help you learn what you need to know about insurance.
It’s what you don’t know that can hurt you. Call us today for a FREE insurance review and quote @ 1-800-878-3808.
Joseph D. Walters Insurance