For several months, we have been publishing the types of insurance claims that we handle each month at Joseph D. Walters, to help bring awareness to the dangers contractors in the mobile cleaning profession face. We hope by knowing the variety of insurance claims that can arise, you will be able to better look for and avoid them when on the job.
Tell us your thoughts on this month’s insurance claims?
- Insured was cleaning customer glass windows and caused damage. Reserve set at $ 10,887. Claim still open.
- Insured was cleaning concrete pool deck. Flat surface cleaner left etching in the newly poured concrete. Reserve set at $ 3,825. Claim still open
- Insured’s employee accused of stealing from customer. Claim is still open.
- Insured was washing a building and damaged the back of it. Claim still open.
- Insured was washing house and caused damage to the door. $ 1,638 paid so far. Claim still open.
- Insured was cleaning roof and caused damage to landscaping. Reserve set at $ 2,000. Claim still open.
- Insured was cleaning newly poured breezeway and concrete patio and took off the entire skim coat. Reserve set at $ 6,000. Claim still open.
- Insured was washing a home and caused water damages to the roof. $5,416 Paid. Claim closed.
- Insured was washing a deck and caused damage to it and the outdoor furniture. Claim still open.
- Insured’s car caught fire and damaged pressure washing equipment. Claim still open.
- Insured was washing a building when the chemicals used killed plants. Claim still open.
- Insured was washing sidewalks and a patio. Claimant is stating there are now circles in the concrete from the machine. Claim still open.
- Insured was washing house and damaged the bricks. Claim still open.
Do you have the right insurance? If you have any questions about coverage or these types of claims, please call 1-800-878-3808 to speak with one of our licensed insurance professionals or to get a review of your policy. Don’t leave yourself in a position where paying a claim falls entirely on you and don’t pay for insurance that doesn’t have you in mind.